Kadhi Pakora Recipe Pakistani recipe is super delicious, unique with savory and spicy taste. It is usually prepared with yogurt and gram flour(basen) as main ingredients and other ingredients including salt, Red chilli powder, turmeric powder, onion, ginger garlic paste and tomato paste. It is yogurt(dahi) curry with pakora(fitters) dunk into it.
Fitters are made up of gram flour, water and spices like coriander powder, cumin powder, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt and green chilies. It gives very good combination with rice and we can eat with naan.
Ingredients for Kadhi Pakora Recipe Pakistani:
What type of yogurt should be used in making Kadhi Pakora Recipe Pakistani?
We should use sour yogurt for best results. One or two days old sour yogurt is ideal. If you don’t have leave the fresh yogurt in warm place for 2-3 hours and you have the sour yogurt. And even if you don’t have this choice too then go with fresh and increase the cooking time a bit more.
How to make karhi mixture without lumps?
we have to prepare two separate mixtures for karhi pakora recipe. One mixture is for making lassi with gram flour(basen) and yogurts q and other mixture is for making fitters(pakora). For making main lassi mixture tirst mix basen with yogurt and mix throughly without adding water to it. You can use blender for is purpose other wise use Whisk or fork. I prefer fork that make thing less messy. In old days people use to mix with hands and that helps in preparing soft and smooth paste like mixture. When mixing done and no more lumps left add 4 times more water to make this mixture watery so it can cook for longer time. More kadhi cook even tastier it will be.
For making pakoda or pakora mixture made up of gram flour or basen and water. Always start with adding less quantity of water. For example if you are taking 2 cups of basen start with adding half cup of water and mix with spoon then add quarter cup of water and beat and so on untill pouring texture appears. More you mix more air will trap and pakora will be fluffier and soft. Gradual addition of water will help to prevent mixture liquidy all at once.
How to make fitters(pakoras) of kadhi pakora soft from inside?
First of all mixing of pakoda mixture should be proper as I have mention earlier and the second thing is place this mixed basen for atleast 20 min before cooking. This helps in better binding and sattlement then again mix for 2-3 minutes. To be on safer side add baking soda before resting time but after first mixing. But ifvyou don’t want to add baking soda then add yogurt about 1/6th the quantity of basen or gram flour. Try to make pakry of small size.
What should I do if the fitters are too hard for kadhi?
If you feel fitters are too hard from inside then add them in water before adding them to basen curry for 1-2 minutes. Otherwise add pakoda to kadhi directly after removing them from frying oil.
How to fry fitters(pakore) for karhi?
For frying of pakora always take less oil in the woke so that pakore only half of pakora soak in it this helps in rising of pakora. Flame should be medium so that pakore cook not only from outside but from inside too. Half dipped pakore help in removing of air from oneside. Before frying oil should be hot enough otherwise pakora will be too oily and non puffy and hard. To check if the oil is hot enough add very small quantity of mixture to oil if its start bubbling means oil 8s ready to make fitters or soak match stick into oil if it bubbles then add fitter mixture with spoon or hand only about 1 tbsp for one pakora. Cook from one side first then turn to other side.
Can we use vegetables in pakora of kari?
Yes we can make pakora with vegetables like potato, onion, spinach, egg plant, green chillies and lady fingers.
Kadhi Pakora Recipe Pakistani with rice or kadhi chawal presentation
step by step instructions for making Kadhi Pakora Recipe Pakistani with pictures
Kadhi Pakora Recipe Pakistani
- ½ Cup Gram flour
- 200 Grams Yougurt
- 1 Piece Onion
- 1 tsp Ginger garlic paste
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Red chili powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 2 lit Water
- 3 tbsp Oil
- 1 tbsp Tomato paste
- 6-10 Curry Leaves
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 4-5 Red round chillies
- 2-3 Grean chillies
- ½ cup Vegetable oil
Ingredients for fitters
- 2 1/2 Cups Gram flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp Coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds powder
- Vegetable oil For deep frying
- Heat 3 tbsp of oil in a pan and add thinly sliced or chopped onions and cook until translucent
- When onion changes their colour add ginger garlic paste
- Keek stirring until the colour changes into light brown
- Now add Salt , red chilli powder , turmeric powder and stir for 5 min on low heat
- Now add tomato paste and cook 5 minutes on low heat.
- Add half cup of water and cook for 10 min on very low flame
Preparation of yogurt lassi with besan
- Mix besan with yogurt to form thick paste
- Add 1 litre of water to make lassi
- Add this Lassi into the masala and mix
- Add another litre of water and cook on low flame for 2 hours
Preperation of fitters
- Take gram flour in mixing bowl. Add all the spices one by one in the gram flour and mix
- Now add half cup of water and mix with a fork. Then add another half cup of water and mix. Gradually mix with water until thick paste form.
- Add half teaspoon of baking soda and mix again
- Cover the mixture for 1 hour
- Keep stiring the yogurt lassi
- Take a wok and add some oil for frying fitters on medium flame.To check if the oil is hot enough add half tablespoon of mixture addinto the oil if it starts bubble then add more mixture to make fitters
- Let them cook from one side then then flip them to the other side When both sides cooked add into water for 1 minute.minute.This step is optional you can skip thuggg..gu
- Now remove them from water and add into Lassi curry. Or you can add them directly into Lassi curry. Now cover the pan and steam fitters for 10 minutes.
Every home has its own traditions for making dishes please share youd recipes and comments. Rate our recipe this will help us to improve. Your Email address will not be shared publicly.