Gola kabab real juicy, tender and mouth watering to eat. Resturants in Pakistan usually serve them with naan, salad and Dahi raita. We can cook these gola kababs at home with beef mince or chicken mince very easily.
Beef gola kabab recipe is one of easy and simple mince recipes. It originates in peshawar Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and now is equally popular in Pakistan, India and Afghanistan. We can cook this scrumptious dish on Eid al-adha feast.
Ingredients of beef gola kabab:
In this recipe I am using premium ground beef from sirloin portion that have less fat about 10%. This portion of beef is tender and extra flavour full. It’s better to dry mince before adding masala. Water make kababs soggy and easy to break. Mince can be of chicken or mutton.
We are using onion, ginger-garlic paste, green chillies and fresh green coriender, raw papaya(optional). Before using onions we must chope them and remove water from it. We can remove water from onion after crushing and squeezing. If onions have water then kebabs will break during frying. Raw papaya is optional and as a substitute we can use kachri powder.
We are using Indian spices like salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, red chilli flakes, dry coriander ground, dry cumin seeds ground, mace ground and Nutmeg ground. I am using freshly ground cumin seeds, coriander seeds, mace and Nutmeg. Before grinding, I dry roasted them to enhance its flavour. If you have spices in ground form, you can use them as well. Whole spice powder is optional. If you want more spices in kababs.
For frying we use oil. To make kabab little juice add 2 tbsp of ghee or butter. This will help in freezing these kababs for frying later.
Method of making beef gola kabab:
Marination of beef
Dry roast cumin seeds, coriander seeds, mace and Nutmeg then grind them. Grinding should be chunky not quite fine. Dry roasting will enhances their flavour and aroma of kababs.
Wash and completly dry beef mince. It’s better to wash and dry before grinding. Add salt, red chilli powder, red chilli flakes, kachri powder, turmeric powder and mix all the ingredients and rest for ten minutes.
Add ginger-garlic paste and chopped onion.
Chope fresh green coriender, fresh leaves of mint and green chillies.
Its time to add marinated mince in this chopped greens and chop again for 2-3 min until it become soft, like dough.
Now add lemon juice, and fresh grind of coriander, cumin, nutmag and mace powder.
Mix and nead all ingredients like dough to make it soft, dry and sticky. Leave it covered for 30 minutes on rest.
Making of gola kabab:
After resting, make kababs in round shape, gola shape or Croquette shape. For making Croquette shape I am using knife sharpener, make ball of marinated mince and roll around it. You can use big straw or pencil to roll mince and make kabab.
Cooking method of gola kabab:
Take oil in a pan for frying and add all kababs one by one in pre heated oil. Cook from both sides until golden brown. It may take 10-15 both sides for 5 to 7 min from each side.
We can grill gola kabab on coals or bake in the oven. Grilling give nice smoky flavour to kababs. For griling or barbqueing just skewer marinated meat and cook on angethi. We use metalic skewers for grilling or baking. But if grilling or baking is not possible then frying is best choice.
We can get smoky flavour even in frying. Just place burning coal in cooked kababs or uncooked mince and airtight cover for 5 min.
Presentation of gola kabab:
We can serve it with Dahi raita, mint chatni and naan. Some people serve it on fried onion with naan and daal.
Beef gola kabab recipe Pakistani style
- 1 frying pan skillet pan
- 500 g beef mince
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- ½ tsp kachri powder or raw popaya
- 1 tsp Red chilli flakes
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 2 p onion chopped medium
- ½ cup fresh green chilies, fresh coriander and mint
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp dry coriander powder
- 1 tsp dry cumin powder
- ¼ tsp nutmeg powder
- ⅓ tsp mace powder
- 1 cup Oil for frying
Marination of beef
- Dry roast cumin seeds, coriander seeds, mace and nut mag then grind them. Grinding should be chunky not quite fine.
- Wash and dry beef mince and add salt, red chilli powder, red chilli flakes, kachri powder, turmeric powder ahd mix all the ingredients and rest for ten minutes.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and chopped onion.
- Chope fresh green coriender, fresh leaves of mint and green chillies. Its time to add marinated mince in this chopped greens and chop again for 2-3 min until it become soft, like dough.
- Now add lemon juice, and fresh grind powder of coriander, cumin, nutmag and mace powder.
- Mix and nead all ingredients like dough to make it soft and sticky. Leave it for 30 minutes on rest.
- After restiing make kababs in gola shpaes.
- Meat mince should be dry along with chopped onions with out water.
- If the mince is chunky then all ingredients can br mixed in grinder.
- We can use Straw, knife sharpener rods or thick round skewer to make croquette-shaped gola kabab.
- Row papaya, fresh papaya can be used as a substitute of kachri powder.
- Skillet pan should be hot enough before adding kabab in it and do not disturb them until they get settle and cook from one side.