Homemade chicken nuggets are perfect for kids lunch boxes and as snacks with tea. we can prepare it for toddlers. Making chicken nuggets at home from ground chicken was never so easy and we always have to buy them. Homemade chicken nuggets are healthy and we can always prepare them with quality ingredients. It can be graded as the best chicken breast recipe. Here I am sharing a perfect recipe to make this all-time favourite snack so easy to cook yet never compromise on its taste.
How to make chicken nuggets
- Mix all ground chicken, spices and egg.
- Make crumbs out of slices.
- Add bread slices crumbs into the mixture and knead all the ingredients to mix and let it stay for 30 to 40 min to set.
- Now make shapes mostly they are rectangle, out the mixture.
- coat all these prepared nuggets with dry bread crumbs and here at this stage, you can freeze for later or shallow fry immediately.
- Add 3 tbsp of oil in the pan and fry both sides for about 5-7 minutes each and servehot with ketchup or sauce.
How to freeze homemade chicken nuggets?
How to freeze uncooked chicken nuggets?
We can freeze uncooked chicken nuggets after mixing all ingredients of chicken nuggets, then make their shapes and then coat with bread crumbs. We don’t need to cook or frying chicken nuggets before freezing.
How do you keep chicken nuggets in freezer?
We should stack these uncooked chicken nuggets between layers of plastic so they won’t stick to one on other. Whey they freeze you can place them in plastic bag for upto 3 months in freezer.
Can I freeze cooked homemade chicken nuggets?
Well the answer is yes you can freeze cooked chicken nuggets for upto one week in our freezer and serve at any time after reheating in a pan or in microwave.
Reheating frozen homemade chicken nuggets.
Method 1: Frying Just remove homemade uncooked chicken nuggets from freezer and place over the frying pan with one tbsp of oil and let them cook on low flame for 10 to 15 minutes.
Method 2: baking Place chicken nuggets in a plate and place them in microwave or oven for 15 minutes on low heat. We can spray oil on them before baking. We can greese the plate with1 tbsp of butter or cooking oil.
Frozen nuggets take 5-7 minutes more cooking time then fresh or thawed nuggets.
Homemade Chicken nuggets Ingredients:
Ingredients include ground breast of chicken. Chicken should be freshly and finely ground chicken breast. If you wash it after grinding let it drain completely but washing before grinding is a better choice.
In this recipe of homemade chicken nuggets, I use the shallow fry method to cook. So oil is also an important ingredient along with spices like garlic powder, black pepper powder, Red chilli powder, Salt, cornflour.
Bread slices in crumbs form for coating and also as mixing ingredient. We remove solid parts of bread slices or you can say its walls before addition in chicken mince. We can make these crumbs with knife and hands or use chapper. Both are fine choices. I usually do this with hands easily. For coating I am using market bought bread crumbs.
Another ingredient is medium sized egg. It should be fresh and always break it in separate container separate container so if it is spoil we can garbage it and our whole mixture won’t spoil. Egg help in binding all ingredients together while cooking.
Before making shapes of nuggets there is an important step of through mixing of all the ingredients. Knead them like a dough for two three minutes or use chopper to complete mixing.
Then cover and let it rest for about half an hour at room temperature but if it is too hot place it in refrigerator to avoid spoilage.
Making of nuggets:
After half an hour make medium size or say fun sized nuggets. We can meke any shape. If we making it for kids animal shape or any other shape if their choice can be made. If ypu find mixture too sticky. We can grease our hand with little drops of oil that will ease the making process. After shapping coat with dry bread crumbs. Add quarter teaspoon of salt to breadcrumbs to make it tastier. If you are making layers on plate make sure to place plastic wrap sheets so while freezing they won’t stick to each other.
How to cook chicken nuggets in a frying pan:
We same method of frying for freeze or freshly prepared nuggets but freeze nuggets will take 10 minutes more for cooking. We shallow fry them. Deep frying is not a good option. Take 3 tbsp of oil in your frying pan and let it hot on low flame. When iil gets medium hot add your nuggets according to size so they won’t over crowded. And fry them from both sides for 5-10 minutes each. Keep the flame low to medium in all process otherwise your nuggets will burn and nobody likes burnt nuggets.
One important thing is keep yourself safe from burning and should practice all precautionary measures before cooking. Happy cooking! Cheers
Homemade chicken nuggets fried
- 1 frying pan
- 500 g chicken brest boneless
- 2 p bread slices
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp red chillie powder
- 1 tsp black peppercorn powder
- 1 cup bread crumbs coating
- 1/2 cup oil as required for frying
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 1 p egg medium
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- Remove walls of beard slices and cut them into small pieces.
- Completely rinse and dry ground chicken mince and add all spices, egg and pieces of bread.
- Now mix throughly and knead this chicken mince untill you get homgenous dough.
- Cover this dough and mariante for 2 hour in cool dry place.
- After marination make shapes of nuggets.
- Coat with dried bread crumbs.
- Now make all chicken nuggets and place them in a plate with plastic layers. You can freeze them at this stage (optional)
- Take a pan and add two tbsp of oil. Let it hot now place prepared chicken nuggets and cook from one side then other side. Whole cooking process will take 15 mintues on low heat.
- Soft and juicey chicken nuggets are ready
How much calories in Homemade Chicken Nuggets:
This recipe yields 24 nuggets that equals to 12 servings.One serving of these fried homemade Chicken nuggets contains 96 calories. These are good source of protein calcium and iron.If you consume one serving you will get 10g grams of protein and a person with everage body weight of about needs 70 to 80 grams of protein. Addition of bread slice make them source of carbohydrates and egg is additional source of protein and many minerals. All these ingredients make nuggets healthy snacks for kids and adults.
You may also like: